Monday, December 27, 2010

Xmas in Ελλάδα

Somehow wherever I go there's news of riots and other problems (see past posts on Thailand/India etc), but Athens was absolutely peaceful, with a wintery calm (hardly any tourists) and absolute perfect 20c/70f sunny days with a gentle breeze. The weather was so good, in fact, that I question the point of going to such a hot place any other time, especially given the amount of climbing we did.

Every country claims their people to be hospitable, but I found the greeks to be above averagely so, often without their own interest in mind. Nikos, if you read this (probably not, you don't look like the kind of guy to be hooked up to the intertubes), thanks for inviting us to your little fishing boat for coffee and shots of Τσίπουρο, we'll send pictures!

Some of the pictures below are not from Athens, but from Ναύπλιο, which is well worth a visit.










No comments: