So, time for some rerouting. Of course, by now all flights are full, so the only flight I could get was out of Sydney on dec 2nd, flying to Chennai, my next destination. That is going to cut my India trip a bit short, but it looks like there is no other way. India has some major trouble going on as well, but unlike what is going on in Thailand, not something that would affect me (Mumbai is across the country from Chennai). If any terrorists read my blog... I am not american, honest, the whole Bush thing wasn't my fault.
Which still requires me to get to Sydney, for which I couldn't get a flight on my Round the World ticket. I could get a ticket on another airline alliance, but that would be way too sensible for me... I am going to drive. Should be a fun 1-way road trip along the coast (1000+ km). I will leave this sunday morning, giving me 2 days to get there which should be more than plenty, and allow me a minimal amount of sydney sightseeing on monday too.
Some more gratuitous Melbourne pictures to lighten up this otherwise gloomy post:
2 comments:
Be careful Wouter, things are getting crazy out there.
Where are you man? Having fun on the road or already in Sydney.
Update this here blog so we know you're doing OK.
Post a Comment